Student Nurses Association (SNA)
The Student Nurses' Association, popularly known as SNA, is a nation-wide organization of nursing students. It was established in 1929 at the time of annual conference of the TNAI in Madras. Ms. L.N. Jean, the Nursing Superintendent of General Hospital, Madras was instrumental in forming this association.
The main purpose of forming the association by TNAI (Trained Nurses Association of India) was to provide vanities to the nursing students to facilitate their all-round development and accredit them to join TNAI as qualified nurses. The purpose has been achieved in a span of 75 years. It is remarkable achievement that the growth of SNA units has been persistent ever since its inception.
SNA is a major source of enrollment of TNAI Life membership.
A wide variety of activities are encouraged at all levels for the SNA members, keeping in view aims and objectives of the association. The diversity of activities are derived from the professional, social, cultural and recreational spheres to strengthen curricular and extracurricular activities of the student nurses.
SNA Unit of suretech college of Nursing formulated in the year 2005 at the beginning of college of nursing
The aim of the SNA is to provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interest concerns to nursing students. Membership in SNA aids in the development of the whole person, including the professional role
• To uphold the dignity and honour of the nursing profession.
• To promote participation in student community affairs.
• To involve the students in intercollegiate sports and cultural activities.
• To promote collaborative relationships with various health organizations.
• To bring out the talents and confidence of the students for the upliftment of self and society.
• To inculcate the value of espirit de corps.
• To develop leadership abilities among the students.
• To improve the students social contacts to enhance professional growth
Activities of SNA
• Organization of meetings and conferences
• Maintenance of SNA diary
• Propagation of Nursing Profession
o Public speaking and writing
o Awards and prizes
C. Socio cultural and recreational activities
D. Fund raising
SNA COMMITTEE AT SURETECH COLLEGE OF NURSING SNA UNIT
|1.||Prof. MRS. Mercy A. Anjore : Principal SCON||Chairperson/President|
|2.||Ms. Nimmy Verghese: Lecturer OBGY, SCON||Sna Advisor|
|3.||BBSC N. MR. KAMAL MESHRAM, FINAL YR. BSC N.||Vice President|
|GNM: MR. HUBERT DALGADO, FINAL YR GNM||Vice President|
|RANM: Ms. Amita Shende||Vice President|
|4.||MR. ANIKET PATANGE, 3RD YR BSC N.||Treasurer|